Wednesday, March 4, 2009

New York,New York

We're going to the Mets vs. Washington Nationals in Viera today. I'd go on my own but now I can't drive for six months by law. My husband hates Spring Training. He wouldn't buy tickets in advance because they charge order fees(even though I'm paying). I hit he roof but got over it and we're heading down to Viera soon with a stop at Denny's for a two for one Grand Slam. We have no tickets because he wouldn't reserve in advance and pay the fees. I was livid. But we're going. So maybe it'll be the luck of the Irish and we'll get a seat. Got scalpers?

I used to go daily when I lived in Satellite Beach across the bridge from Viera. I'd watch El Duque pitch and Vlad Guererro hit. Then I'd go food shoppping at the Super Walmart next door. Frank Robinson was the manager when they were still the Royals. He was very cordial and open going around in his golf cart talking to everyone and signing autographs. It's not my team but still it's Major League baseball. We live in Massachusetts now. So it's impossible to go to Fenway. It's so small and they're so popular, you have to be a Kennedy to get tickets. I drove (when I could still drive) 5 hours to New York to see the Mets play the Yankees at Shea Stadium. The Mets were embarassingly atrocious but still it was the real thing. My husband would not go. "I am not driving 5 hours to see the Yankees and Mets play in NYC." So it's deja vu all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment